Shoot to thrill

So I just finished watching Inception (yes I know I am only a year or so behind the times). I took the plunge today with a full understanding (or so I thought) of the concept of the movie and what to expect. Oh Em Geeee... was I in for a shock and such an excellent one at that. A brilliantly executed idea and thankfully, for once, an original one. I have to say I cant remember the last time I watched a movie which wasnt a sequel, prequel, reboot or connected to some other movie idea/concept in some way, shape, form or aspect. Yes it can be argued it goes into the augmented reality side of things which has been used many times before but this is a very refreshing take on the genre.

I like how the movie asked or answered questions that were popping into my head as I watched the movie (yes even though I do prefer the no brainer movies, but I do like to keep an inquisitive mind). One thing I couldnt believe is how the guy out of Third Rock from the sun actually pulled off a serious non-comedic role with fairly decent results. I kept thinking this is the goofy (well they all are) out of a comedy who doesnt have the face for serious roles but he did pull it off I think.

Ofcourse one topic that has to be touched on is the spinning top thingy at the end of the movie which the chief protagonist (or Leo as he's better known) does not notice. There has been tons of speculation as to what it means... whether the protagonist is infact still in a dream state or has returned to the reality... or whether it is a 'dream' the reality of which he so craves... I can answer all the inquisitive minds in one simple statement... The top was left spinning at the end of the movie simply because..... so they can leave the door open for sequels... come on people, its common sense... Hollywood is after your hard earned cash, even more so in these cash strapped times... So if they make something thats a hit, they can always revisit at some point simply becuase there is a large enough fan base that will come back and send ticket sales through the roof again when required.

I have just realised something... looking at my posts, I have become something of a cliche king... I really need to try and be a bit more original (yet another cliche right there!).

Anyways, it is coming up to midnight, I do have a busy day tomorrow so I should ignore the voice in my head telling me to go play Mafia 2 for a bit and try and get ready for bed (I know the voice in my head will probably win so I should get a move on as I am eating into valuable game time here). Laterz pataterz....

Comments

Anonymous said…
You could certainly see your expertise within the article
you write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not
afraid to mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.
My website > Soft contact

Popular posts from this blog

Shabba dont rank