Outta my way!

It is just incredible how people's way of thinking can change soo much. Or maybe i'm just noticing it too much lately. It seems when someone leaves from Pakistan to go to a different country, they are going to either get a job or if they are going to certain countries, get an education. The concept of just going for a holiday is alien to most. In the same way, someone living outside going to Pakistan can only be going for one reason and that is to get married.

Thats the question I've been asked time and time again for the last couple of weeks since more and more people have come to know that I am going to Pakistan. The first question is, how long are you going for. 2 weeks. The second is, oh so you're getting married right? And my response is always... huh??? Cant a guy just go to see his relatives.. I mean it has been 5 years after all. Just the other day I bumped into a colleague who used to work at my last place of work. This is how the conversation went...

Friend : so whats been up?
Me : Oh nothing much just this and that blah blah blah..
Friend : How's work?
Me : Its cool blah blah blah...
Friend : Any plans for the summer?
Me : Oh I'm going to Pakistan for a coupla weeks...
Friend : Oh you're getting married...
Me : *pulls out hair* NOOOOOOO... I am not going to get married...
Friend : Go on, you know you are.. who's the lucky lady
Me : Trust me the next person who mentions a lucky lady will make me go all psycho and kill the first woman who is ever mentioned as a prospect!

and blah blah blah.. so we're talking.. and just then a friend of her's comes who i've never met before. This is an 18yr old kid who's met me for the first time. My friend introduces us and all and goes he's going to Pakistan next week. He's like oh you're getting married... Masha'Allah thass awesome man.. I'm like dude dont even go there... (and then ofcourse they continue to torture me over the subject). May I mention here, that both of these kids were born and bred here... If you tell a guy who hasnt been born and bred here you're going to desiland..the first question is.. how long since you last went. The next is, are you excited... there is absolutely no mention of marriage or anything... It just amazes me.

Although this does bring me back to my first statement... "It is just incredible how people's way of thinking can change soo much." This post just made me realize that the thinking doesnt change, its the actual matter that changes.

Anyways, if anyone of you is from outer space and still hasnt figured it out yet, I'm going to Pakistan soon.. Actually sunday night Insha'Allah. So yes I may be away from blogistan for the next 2 weeks... not that I'm usually around.. but you know what i mean. Y'all look after yourselves and do remember me in your duas insha'Allah :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shabba dont rank