Walking On Imported Air

The title of this post (as with all of my posts) has absolutely nothing to do with the content. Oh well... I've just gotten an absolute earful from a friend of mine over a topic which is becoming eeerily far too common these days. Its the only thing anyone can seem to talk about when they see me. Now this friend of mine, we'll call her A (a la Beanay's naming system on her blog), has been one of my best friends for longer than I care to remember and we have been through a truckload and a half in our time.

Lets start a new paragraph just to keep things moving... So yeah, A recently started this conversation about me getting married... (i think its a more a seasonal thing with her.. she has to do it every other month or so). And as always I had the same stance i've had for the last god knows how many years... (interesting side note, we had a bet going that by the age of 25 i'd have changed my point of view and be happily married.. which I've won now and i only just realized it now so next time I see her online I'm definitely rubbing it IN HER FACE). oh well... random facts aside I expressed my point of view and why I believe I shouldnt and probably will never find someone to marry. (note to populace, I’m not looking for compliments here).

Now obviously I expected the usual barrage of you’re crazy and you’ll find someone and all that, this time she actually got angry… and seriously at that… By the way, if anyone’s wondering, A is happily married to an awesome gentleman Masha’Allah and has the cutest little 2 year old (who I had the pleasure of meeting when I went to Pakistan last year… such a cutie Masha’Allah… the son… not the hubby… although he’s a cool guy too). So anyways, since A is looking for a wife for her bro-in-law, (she just loves the whole matchmaking thing) she’s decided she’s gonna tell ammi that she’s looking for a girl for me too now. Which is a scary prospect cuz I know she would do that too…

The difference in the conversation this time was that she was humongously serious about it and has given me a deadline to think about it. Otherwise I’m sure ammi will get to know of her plans and then I’ll be really up a creek without a paddle...

Fandiddly… not only are my parents on my case, so are my friends… And its not just A, for some reason F and Q have decided they need to make shaadi jokes everytime they see me… Q sez he’s gonna sing at my wedding and F says he’s gonna play guitar and I’m sayin’ I wont even show up if that’s the case… (not that I’m showing up anyway)…

My question though is… has anyone else had to put up with like huge pressure from everyone (don’t even get me started on what the relatives are saying) and if so, how the heck do you convince ‘em you need a bit more time?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shabba dont rank