Livin' on a prayer (and nandos)

Been a somewhat expensive weekend for me. Friday I had the day off so I could go to the local Masjid for a change. Has been ages since I did that. Normally there's this place near work where they use a hall every Friday for Juma but I was like I need to go feel the community thing again. Plus I wanted to hopefully run into one of dad's friend's who's son recently passed away. Always sad when a parent buries their own children. Especially since the son has 2 young children of his own. I knew the guy... very nice friendly person. Unfortunate but thats the way Allah wills it, gotta believe that whatever happens, happens cuz he is the best of planners.

Friday I also bumped in to a few guys who I rarely get to see. One cuz he's married, has kids and runs a business Masha'Allah... the other who recently got married so understandably is busy and the third who moved a bit further away so isnt always around. Turns out the two married dudes dont have their families in the country so they were free so we thought we'd meet up in the evening. Lo and behold we meet up and everyone goes, dude you've tied the knot... where's the treat... I was ofcourse like.. oh fudgecicles... So anyways we go out and everyone ofcourse eat their bodyweight and a half in food. Phew... Saturday I go for a bit of overtime (hey I'm married now, gotta look after the pennies). Get home and mom's like.. beta.. you're married now.. where's the treat?? I'm like ouch... talk about double whammies... so we end up going to this halal chinese place near us which I've been wanting to try for ages.. thankfully they were out of lobster and crabs (the two most expensive dishes on the menu) otherwise my brother was willing to make me suffer. I do kid.. as much as i hate to say this.. I've always enjoyed taking people out to dinner etc (You have to come to london to be able to take advantage of my softyness.. and this doesnt apply to those who live in London... kiddin) so it was a good evening. The leftovers are still sitting in the fridge. I think the people at the restaurant are used to customers asking for the leftovers to be packed. Before we'd even said a word the waitress came up and goes shall I pack all this up. I was thinking.. chinese for breakfast.. score... yes please :)

Anyhooo. its a lazy sunday afternoon.. had to go to a friend's daughter's first but i'm too tired.. plus dont feel all that well so i'm just going to bum around the house and find the best way to kill time... Hmm.. the Bahraini Grand Prix is on today... excellent... starts in 25 mins... thats my queue then... Gonna see if Lewis Hamilton can open a can of whooop-ass on Alonso's butt... Oh well... an afternoon of couch potato beckons.. hope y'all have a more productive sunday than I do... laterz pataterz!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shabba dont rank