Good Streak Alhamdulillah

Hmmm.. yesterday and today been going pretty good for me... Admittedly i've been havin' looooooooooooong days (but then again dont i complain about 'em always) but end of the day some little surprise comes up and things start lookin' up... 'How??' i hear u ask?? Well lets take yesterday shall we... Went to work.. was dog tired when i got home.. and as soon as i get in the door.. i'm greeted by this official lookin' letter starin' straight at me sayin 'u open me and u'll regret it'.. I pick it up and walk into my room... Now i'm like ok.. lets open it up shall we... then Ozzy (thass the other me) sez..'u open that and u'll die of depression, u already got ur credit card bill to pay, ur dog tired and now before u do anything else u wanna open another bill???'... So i was like yeah Ozzy's right... I go wash up... change... get into relax mode.. then i see the dreaded letter from the twilight zone again... this time Ozzy knew i was gonna open it so he juss went, 'go on ur dyin' to anyways'... (wasnt really in the mood of arguin' with him) I opened it and lo and behold, the first thing that flashes in me noggin is that its a letter from the Inland Revenue (tax office to the uninitiated).. I'm like oh heck there goes the neighbourhood (and somewhere in the background i hear ozzy swear) So i start readin... Dear Mr yada yada yada... bla bla bla .. doo doo... please find enclosed cheque for the balance in tax overpaid... WAIT A SEC!!! cheque??? overpaid tax??? So obviously i skip the rest of the blaahdy blaah and look at the amount... well lets juss say the amount put a big grin on my face and I got up, said 'i told u so' to Ozzy and went "AMMIIIIII" went up to her, showed her the letter.. she goes cool... be sure to adjust this in the Zakat u gotta pay... Yes ma'am.. good day.. good day indeed Alhamdulillah... :)

Come down to today... had a driving theory test which i've literally been putting off for the last 6-8 months now... and 3 weeks ago finally decided i should get it over with.. i booked the test 3 weeks ago and got a date for today... went to the test center EARLY in the morning... sleepy, half nervous and in need of a nice SLAP-ON-THE-FACE wakeup latte, i walked to the terminal i was supposed to do the test... do the questions.. and by my calculations i'm gettin 6 wrong outta 35.. i need atleast 30 to pass.. so i look over and over again.. dang.. cant seem to convince myself of the answers i've given... then finally decide to think logically.... yeap... after a decade i thought mite as well put the stu pot to good use for once... (there are some weird questions in those tests u know) when i finsihed, I thought.. Ya Allah u know best... (while Ozzy's in the background going yeah yeah.. dont study and then go Ya Allah!!!) Anyways.. finish up my test.. walk outside and find out outta the 6, the three i changed (after the logical thinking... lol.. cant believe i'm sayin' i did that!!!) the changed answers were correct.. so i went from 1 down pass to 2 above.. 32 outta 35 aint bad... yeah so that made me happy.. then went to work.. again damn long day.. got home dog tired.. Ammi wasnt feelin' well so was warmin' up dinner... and i put my hand in my pocket.. out comes 5 bux i dont remember puttin' dere.. i'm like yay... money day for me... have dinner.. after dinner.. friend calls up and sez lets go for a walk.. i'm like ok.. (obviously we go out for a walk after dinner to push down the food and emm... well u know.. still got the cravings) get my jacket on, and as i step out... put ma hand in my jacket pocket.. out comes 10 bux i didnt know were there... Needless to say.. i've not since been able to get this dumb smile off my face... I'm happy Alhamdulillah.. and I thank him for all i have been given... now if he'd only listen about the goose that lays golden eggs... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog